BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Braxtyn is ONE





My sweet baby boy BRAXTYN JOEL THOMAS turned one year old on the 4th. It all seems to have gone by so quickly. He is getting so big and is nearly walking. I keep thinking he will any day now. He has 4 teeth, and is eating mostly table food. He really doesn't like to be spoon fed anymore, but will condescend if it is applesauce or yogurt. We had cake and ice cream at my brother's house on the 3rd so that my Mom could be there. She fell off of our porch on the 31st of July and broke one ankle and sprained the other. She had surgery and they put in two plates and 9 screws to fix it. She will be staying at my sister's in Amarillo for a while and then will come back here for her follow-up appointment. The cake was made by my niece Pari, and she did a fabulous job!!! So cute. I told her we were going to have a Noah's ark theme, and she came up with the design for the cake all by herself. So proud of her and her talent!! Then on Braxtyn's actual birthday we had dinner with Shane's mom and then went to her house for cake and ice cream. We used the same cake, but we still didn't even get through half of it. My sister Carin and her husband John joined us for dessert and watched Braxtyn open his gifts. He got a Tigger movie, two new pairs of jammies, a gift card and a big boy carseat. Fun was had by all. Now we are just getting ready for school to start. 16 days and counting. :)

0 comments: